Monday, June 25, 2012

Living in a Dream

This season has taken on a very surreal quality.  Some days I have a hard time believing that the things that have happened since January are even real.

And to be honest, I was glad to return to anonymity when February's marathon was over.  I'm not used to the attention, and found it was much more fun to be a "crazy" athlete that was trying to be fast.

So a few days ago, when my phone started blowing up with text messages and emails from friends all over the state of Texas about a picture in the paper (I don't get the paper, btw) my first reaction was *facepalm*  "Uh oh, what now?"  It took two days to actually track down what was going on.  It turns out that a friend that I'd had growing up had submitted the story of me running the marathon to Ripley's Believe it or Not.  And Ripley's had drawn a cartoon about me.  This cartoon has been published all over the USA! 

So, I'm honored to be in Ripley's, next to a gigantic tarantula and the reason why our blood looks blue under the skin even though it's red.  Oh, and just in case you missed the cartoon, here it is in all it's glory.  Believe It or Not!



No comments:

Post a Comment